Furosemide – Lasix Descriptions
Lasix Generic Furosemide is a potent loop diuretic [water pill] that is used to eliminate excess water and salt [which is composed of sodium and chloride] through urine.
|Tablet Package:||40mg, 100mg|
|Available Packages:||60, 90, 120, 180, 270, 360 pills|
|Payment Method:||VISA, MASTERCARD|
|Shipment:||Express Delivery Service|
|Where To Buy Lasix?||TOPDRUGSTORE|
Uses Of Generic Lasix
Lasix is used to treat fluid retention or edema in people who suffer from disorders of the kidney, liver or heart [congestive heart failure], in cerebral/pulmonary edema, nephrotic syndrome, hypertension, and sometimes in severe hypercalcemia. Because it increases urine outflow from the body, it brings down the blood pressure in people who suffer from hypertension.
Sodium, chloride, calcium and water are filtered out of the blood into the tubules of the kidney but most of these elements are reabsorbed before bring expelled through urine. Furosemide in Lasix blocks this re-absorption process, causing an increased output of urine [diuresis]. Given excessively, Furosemide can cause dehydration, which can be critical for patients with hepatic cirrhosis and ascites [due to cancer, liver cirrhosis/fibrosis, and heart disease], and it is best for such patients to be treated in the hospital, so that treatment for dehydration can be initiated, if required.
Salt, water and other small molecules are filtered out of the blood into the tubules of the kidney. However, most of the sodium, chloride, calcium and water get reabsorbed into the blood before the filtered fluid gets expelled through urine. Furosemide blocks this re-absorption process, causing an increase in the output of urine [diuresis]. Its very name – Lasix, describes its duration – it “lasts six hours”. After oral administration, it takes about an hour for the medicine to take effect while the diuresis lasts 6-8 hours; if Furosemide is injected, it takes effect within 5 minutes and the diuresis lasts 2 hours.
If given in excessive amounts, Furosemide can cause dehydration. This can be critical for patients with hepatic cirrhosis and ascites [which is also due to cancer, maybe cirrhosis/fibrosis of the liver and heart disease] and can lead to coma, so it is best for such patients to be treated in the hospital, where their progress can be continually monitored, and, if necessary, treatment for dehydration can be given.
Generic Lasix Dosage
Lasix comes in tablet formulation, injections and liquid medicine. It is usually administered as a single dose for adults as well as children, with food or water. If the response is not satisfactory, the doctor may wish to revise the dose. Adults [including geriatrics] should take the dose as advised by the physician, while children have to take the dose as directed by the pediatrician. Do not treat yourself.
Lasix Side Effects Of Generic Lasix
You should stop taking this drug and contact your doctor immediately if any of the following symptoms, or any other unusual symptoms, occur, while you are taking Furosemide :-
- Dehydration or mineral loss which shows up in the form of unusual decrease in the amount of urine, fainting, seizures, nausea, vomiting, severe dizziness, drowsiness, muscle cramps, weakness, confusion, fast/irregular heartbeat, unusual dry mouth or thirst.
- Numbness/tingling of the arms/legs, ringing in the ears, impaired hearing.
- Fever, yellowing of eyes/skin, stomach/abdominal pain, easy bleeding/bruising, persistent sore throat.
Difficulty in breathing, rash, swelling, itching.
Generic Lasix – Drug Interaction
Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine without your doctor’s permission. The following drugs, if taken, alongwith Furosemide, require careful medical monitoring:-
- Aminoglycoside antibiotics that can affect hearing/balance [such as Gentamycin, Tobramycin] – which should not be given with Furosemide, except in life-threatening situations;
- Norepinephrine – which will need monitoring too;
- Sucralfate, Cholestramine, and Colestipol – which have to be separated by at least 2 hours from the administration of Furosemide and may need monitoring;
- Amphotericin B;
- Corticosteroids [such as Prednisone];
- Muscle relaxants such as Tubocurarine;
- NSAIDs [such as Ibuprofen,Indomethacin];
Aspirin [large doses] and Aspirin-like drugs [such as Salicylates].
Generic Lasix Overdose
If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222.
Generic Lasix – Notes
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Never share your medicine with anyone else, for it may harm them.
According to a report, an interesting discovery in the early 1970s’ led veterinary doctors in the USA to treat racehorses with Furosemide to prevent bleeding [from the nostrils] in a race!
Generic Lasix – Missed Dose
Do not double doses to make up for a missed dose. Don’t overdose.
Other Uses Of Generic Lasix
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information. you can buy Lasix Online from BuyLasix store.
How To Store Lasix
Lasix [Furosemide] has to be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture.
- Before embarking on treatment, inform your doctor about your medical history, particularly if you have ever suffered from any disease related to the kidney, liver, untreated mineral imbalance, gout, lupus, especially anuria [inability to make urine].
- Furosemide can affect blood sugar levels, so if you have diabetes, get your blood sugar levels checked regularly; your doctor may want to adjust your anti-diabetic medication, and/or diet.
- Inform the doctor about all medicines – prescription and OTC – you are having, including herbal products and nutritional supplements.
- Before having surgery, inform the dentist or surgeon that you are taking this medicine.
- Lasix can also reduce potassium levels in the blood, for which you could ask the doctor to prescribe a potassium supplement.
If you are pregnant, inform the doctor – this drug is prescribed only when clearly needed by pregnant women. As there is
- likelihood of the medicine to pass through breast milk, nursing mothers should check with their doctor before breastfeeding.
- Avoid exposure to the sun, as this medicine can make you more sensitive to heat and light. Wear protective clothing when outdoors.
- Limit alcoholic beverages, as this medicine can cause drowsiness.
- While driving or using machinery, be very alert as this medicine can make you feel drowsy or sleepy.
- Caution is advised for elderly people, who may be more sensitive to Furosemide, because it causes dizziness.
Hypersensitive patients in particular should get up slowly from a seated or lying position to avoid the feeling of lightheadness and dizziness.
Why to buy generic Lasix from BuyLasix?
If you ask yourself where to buy Lasix and wonder if there is a way to get generic Lasix at cheap price, we have an answer – buy Lasix online. It is a safe and easy way to purchase Lasix.
Buying drugs from our BuyLasix online pharmacy is not only cheaper it’s more convenient as well.
Benefits ordering generic Lasix from our Online Pharmacy
- Discount – Prices 80% to 90% lower than your local pharmacy.
- Superior and personalized customer service.
- Simple Online Ordering System.
- Safe and Secure online payment via secure server.
Track orders – Order Id will be emailed to you which you can use to track your order status.